Inside the nucleus of every cell in the body lies 23 paired chromosomes. Each chromosome is made up of DNA. Specific sections of DNA are called genes.
Genes provide instructions on how to make proteins for the body. Proteins play an important role in how our body functions.
Gene therapy involves injecting genetic material into our cells to supposedly treat or prevent disease.
To do so, the genetic material is delivered via a carrier, or vector.
Most often the vector used is a virus.
Supposedly, the disease causing part of the virus is removed. The virus is genetically modified to contain genetic material which will “cure” disease.
The genetic material that is delivered, DNA or RNA, has instructions to change how a protein—or group of proteins—is produced by the cell.
Gene therapy isn't really therapy at all, we aren't actually training or aiding the body to heal or fix itself, instead, genetically modified viral and/or human material is injected into the cell to reprogram it. Put in simple terms, this is genetic modification.
Gene therapy is in essence genetic modification of the human race, presented to us as lifesaving “therapy”.
At present, 32 cell and gene therapies have been approved within the United States.
many of them are treatments for children. The only thing that's preventing this therapy from moving faster is its high cost.
Children in particular are at risk for genetic modification.
There are serious risks involved. Read below to learn more about the risks.
And the craziest thing is that our genetic material isn't set in stone.
For years, doctors claimed that no one could be cured from autism, diabetes, cancer, etc..
They were proven wrong.
Modern medicine claimed that genes couldn't be changed, that we're stuck with what we have.
They were wrong about that too. Our cellular environment changes our genes.
Just like exposing ourselves to harmful radiation can damage our genes, so too exposing ourselves to harmful foods creates a toxic cellular environment that can harm our cells.
On the flip side, adopting a proper diet can transform our genes, or genetic expression, and bring about natural healing.
And that's what we want to achieve.
Natural healing has none or minimal side effects, is safe, and primes us for a healthier more fulfilling life. A life where we are able to function optimally for as many years as possible, instead of living on drugs, shlepping from doctor to doctor and surgery to surgery,
Gene Therapy is Genetic Modification
Risks of Gene Therapy
According to the Mayo clinic, gene therapy presents the following risks:
- "Unwanted immune system reaction. Your body's immune system may see the newly introduced viruses as intruders and attack them. This may cause inflammation and, in severe cases, organ failure.
- Targeting the wrong cells. Because viruses can affect more than one type of cells, it's possible that the altered viruses may infect additional cells — not just the targeted cells containing mutated genes. If this happens, healthy cells may be damaged, causing other illness or diseases, such as cancer.
- Infection caused by the virus. It's possible that once introduced into the body, the viruses may recover their original ability to cause disease.
- Possibility of causing a tumor. If the new genes get inserted in the wrong spot in your DNA, there is a chance that the insertion might lead to tumor formation."
HOW TO HALT OR REVERSE DNA DAMAGE
One way to fight or reverse DNA damage is to combat free radicals. Free radicals are highly reactive and unstable molecules that are made by the body naturally in response to environmental insults, such as bad diet, tobacco smoke, and radiation, but they are also a natural byproduct of normal processes in cells.
One of the biggest causes of free radical production is body acidity.
Body Acidity Accelerates Free Radical Damage
To reverse acidity in the body we need to adopt an alkaline diet and avoid stress and environmental toxins.
Antioxidants destroy free radicals and halt DNA damage. There are special herbs that contain high levels of antioxidants Read more about these herbs below.
More Tips on reversing DNA Damage
Sleep more- Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. While we sleep , the body repairs or discards damaged cells. Every night is like a mini-detox, which is why sleep is so important.
Unfortunately, falling and staying asleep is difficult for many people who lead high stress lifestyl, so its important to destress before bed, or try natural herbs for sleep enhancement such as SLEEPEASY.
- Proper Alkaline Diet. Fruits Vegetables and Ancient Grain contain key antioxidants that halt and reverse DNA damage.
- Moderate Exercise- Exercising too hard can actually damage our cells. Slower paced exercise is beneficial for healing. Regular physical exercise increases antioxidant capacity, and protects DNA. In one study, 16 weeks of physical exercise dramatically increased antioxidant activity, decreased DNA strand breaks and promoted DNA repair. The key is consistency. Regular exercise is key.
- Avoid Meat, chicken, fish and most dairy. Animal products are acidifying especially to people above age 40 or who suffer from chronic disease or obesity. Diets high in animal products are linked to an increase in DNA damage, while vegetarian and vegan diets are associated with higher antioxidant levels and less harm to DNA.
- De-stress- Exposure to ongoing stress and the resulting increase in stress hormones like cortisol triggers DNA damage. We have to learn how to lower our stress levels, no matter what. Our health depends on it.
Longing Tea - Instead of coffee, consider longjing tea; it’s rich in EGCG, an antioxidant that increases levels of proteins that save your DNA and destroy cancerous cells. One study found drinking four cups of longjing tea a day decreased DNA damage, even in heavy smokers.
For the highest quality longjing tea, consider our Longjing Tea, grown in healthy heavy metal free soil, under the best of conditions.
Or better yet, try our Detox Tea Pack which includes our Longjing Tea and Cistus Tea, both of which are antioxidant powerhouses.
Cistus Tea- Free Radical Scavenger
THERE ARE HERBS, LIKE OUR CISTUS TEA, THAT HAVE BEEN USED FOR CENTURIES FOR THEIR ANTIOXIDANT VALUE
Cistus tea contains potent antioxidants, destroying free radicals. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. It has the potential to inhibit the multiplication of viruses, which may help to alleviate cold and influenza.
It also has anti-bacterial and antifungal properties. Through bioflavonoids, it works synergistically with our Longjing Green Tea, enhancing its action.
Joseph's Organic Bakery
Joseph's Organic Bakery is devoted to baking ancient grain breads made with non-GMO, non-hybridized grains. Prepared in a unique way and Fermented, each loaf contains the maximum amount of vitamins minerals probiotics and fiber.
WE NEVER USE GUMS, ADDITIVES, DOUGH CONDITIONERS, OR EMULSIFIERS IN ANY OF OUR BAKED GOODS.
We go a step further and grind our own flour to ensure that absolutely nothing is added or taken out of the grain.